78% of corporate executives surveyed by Cowen have RPA in or near production, and WorkFusion is cited as the primary vendor executives plan to invest in during 2018
Cowen Research polled over 100 top executives at global enterprises to assess the state of the RPA / Intelligent Automation market and the speed and depth of adoption. We’ve licensed their report for your complimentary use.
The report notes that the RPA market is expanding and evolving rapidly. Researchers were surprised by the level of adoption of RPA by respondents but also surprised by the relatively small number of bots in production, which may be why “ease of use” is cited as the second-most important evaluation criteria for a software vendor.
- 27% of respondents have 26–100 bots in production, 12% have over 100, and 18% have 0
- 55% of banking respondents already have RPA in production
- 27% of healthcare respondents have RPA in production, but an eye-popping 64% are evaluating, completing PoCs, or considering it in 2018
- Finance and Accounting concerns have the highest production use of any functional domain, followed by Ops and Procurement
- Total cost of ownership (TCO) is the top criteria for selecting an RPA vendor, and WorkFusion has the lowest TCO of any vendor in the market
This chart reveals purchase and investment intentions by respondents across all major RPA vendors:
Have questions about the report or about starting or scaling your transformation program? Reach out to us at email@example.com.